Reviewed January 2022
We are committed to protecting the personal information we hold about any of our suppliers, customers or partners, processing data in a fair and lawful manner and to be transparent about the data we hold.
The purpose of this Policy is to give a clear explanation on how Café Connections collects and manages information. This is our legal responsibility under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) EU 2016/679.
We use your information in accordance with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information. The Policy explains what information we may collect, how we may use that information and how we maintain personal information and the your right to access it.
Data Protection Legislation
We comply with data protection legislation and principles, which means that your data will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have explained and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes
- Accurate and kept up to date
- Kept for only as long as is necessary for these purposes
- Kept securely
Most personal data we hold is given to us directly by customers to make orders and delivery as simple and smooth as possible. This information may be collected via:
- Phone calls
- Printed/Web Forms
- Face-to-face conversations
- Publicly available sources
Information about your interactions with us
When, for example, you call our team, we collect information about your preferences in terms of products, materials, delivery or payment.
Information collected from surveys
On occasion, we may collect personal data in connection with a survey you have responded to for the purpose of analysing survey findings. In these circumstances personal data is anonymised and the data collected will not be used for purposes other than the stated purpose of the survey.
Information from third parties
We may occasionally receive information from third parties, for example in connection with bookings, survey data processing or from publicly available data sources.
Special Category Data
The Data Protection Legislation recognises that certain categories of personal information are more sensitive, such as health information, race, religious beliefs and political opinion. Café Connections does not collect this type of information.
Why we process your data
We process your data in pursuit of our legitimate interests in connection with Café Connections or because we hold your consent in relation to specific activities. This also contributes to our work of overseeing the engagement of online portals to enrich the user experience.
This enables us to:
- Contact you by post or email so that we can communicate with you about the work we do in ways you find timely, relevant and respectful. To do this we use basic contact information that we have stored as well as any preferences you may have told us about.
- Analyse data to ensure that the content and timing of communications that we send you are as relevant to you as possible.
For any situations where we are not relying on our legitimate interest or a contract to process your personal data, we will ask for your explicit consent before using your data.
We will keep the data we store about you accurate and up to date as relevant to the purpose or purposes for which we process it.
We do not share your information with anyone outside Café Connections except:
- Where we have your permission.
- Where we are required by law and by law enforcement agencies or judicial bodies to comply with any legal obligation.
- Where we have legitimate contractual agreements with third parties who process data on our behalf and on our instructions. In such circumstances, we require that these third parties comply strictly with our instructions and with Data Protection laws, for example around security of personal data.
Security of your personal information
We will put in place appropriate safeguards (both in terms of our procedures and the technology we use) to keep your personal information as secure as possible. All information you provide to us is stored securely. We will ensure that any third parties we use for processing your personal information do the same. We will not transfer, process or store your data anywhere outside of the European Economic Area.
Getting in touch
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. You also have the right to ask us to delete any personal information we hold about you.
In some cases, we may be unable to delete data, e.g. if it is required for tax purposes. In these cases, we will ensure you are removed from future communications and processing.
For all questions or concerns or to exercise relevant rights regarding the processing of your personal information, please contact our Customer Service Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0345 123 2994.
This document remains under regular review to ensure Café Connections is working in a fully lawful manner and may be amended if necessary.